Monday, July 13, 2009

Just another "coincidence"?

You guys can call it, inspiration, coincidence, whatever you want, but you might know what I think about this kind of stuff, right?
Some of you might be familiar with one of my designs called Light Drop. It´s a very successful design, it´s bouncing over the internet for quite some time and it´s currently in production by Wever & Ducre. You can see a picture of it below.

Well, the Light Drop was showcased Salone del Mobile 2009, at Studio Mango´s stand, which are my friends and design partners in Europe.
Now, let´s go to the funny part.
I friend of mine dropped me an e-mail a few days ago, with some pictures of a very "similar" design, called Cocoon Lamp, by Taiwanese "Designer" Chun-Lung Wang, or whatever.
It was also being exposed in Salone del Mobile 2009, but in a Taiwanese stand, can you believe it? If you can´t, check out the pictures below.
If at least the guy could keep the nice proportions of my original design and use a better looking faucet, it would look much better, but fortunatelly, it seems that he doesn´t have even a small bit of talent to do that.

1 comment:

  1. I was gunna say "Great minds think alike" :D wow love it! love the drop light! i did a similar idea in college for a spa.. my concept was the "ripple effect" and i had a drop light too! except that it was made of acrylic sheets and it was a focal pendant in my space..
    I didnt like tht part "it seems that he doesn´t have even a small bit of talent to do that." :O

    ReplyDelete